Have you ever thought of an alternative means to make some money as a student, or have you tried investing specifically in agriculture and agro-aligned businesses before? The University of Ibadan has launched a scheme to help interested students study and farm, to help students earn. Limited offers though, you might want to hurry if interested.
2020 Announcement: Work-Farm / Study-Farm Scheme (WFS/SFS)
The Teaching and Research Farm (TRF) of the University of Ibadan announces opportunity for staff and student members of the university to farm while they work or study.
– Allocation of land/ housing facilities within the TRF for crop and livestock farming on annual basis
– Quality seeds/seedlings/stock and other inputs supply by T&R Farm at good price
– Free extension services for participants
– Ready market for produce
– Farmer of the Year Award
LAND USE TYPE AND ANNUAL REGISTRATION COST (LIMITED LAND/FACILITIES AVAILABLE ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS)
1. Arable (maize, cassava, sweet potato and cowpea) – one acre at #2,000/year
2. Organic vegetables – 300m2 at #1,500/year
3. Spices and veggie-fruits (pepper, garden egg, ginger, etc.) – 300m2 at #1,500/year
4. Piggery (only for students) – 10 weaners at #3,000/year
5. Poultry/broilers (only for students) – 200 birds at #5,000/year
Note: Only current staff and students of the University of Ibadan can apply.
Mode of application:
1. A letter of application, supported by Head of Department/Unit within the University of Ibadan
2. Submission of application (including proposed work plan) to the Director, Teaching and Research Farm at Sales Outlet of the farm at Abadina area, on or before May 31, 2020