CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) SPECIAL RELEASE 1
As part of precautionary measures to prevent members of the University community from contracting Corona Virus (COVID-19), Management in consultation with the Director, University Health Service and Director, Infectious Disease Institute, University College Hospital has taken the following measures:
- All international conferences to be hosted by the University have been suspended until further
- All international travels of staff are suspended until further notice.
- All incoming and outgoing exchange programmes as well as international visits of professors,
foreign partners and collaborators are suspended until further notice.
- Staff already out on international travel should inform the University on arrival by contacting
08033272111, 08023400362 or 09099093024 and self-quarantine for at least fourteen (14) days
before they report to the office.
- All Departments, Faculties, Units, Halls of Residence, places of worship and other places with
high concentration of people on campus are hereby advised to make provision for or resuscitate
facilities for handwashing in the immediate environment in order to encourage routine washing
of hands. Adequate signs pointing to such should also be provided.
- Individuals are advised to have alcohol-based hand sanitizer to complement No. 5.
- Internal programme organizers, halls and event centres are to make hand sanitizers available on
- Heads of department and office holders should encourage local implementation in their various
- Management is working to complement the recommended preventive measures.
- A monitoring team will go round to ensure compliance.
- Handshakes and any other body contacts should be avoided.
- There is no need for anyone to panic. These are precautionary measures as education on
prevention is still considered the major intervention against COVID-19 and similar diseases.
- Management, Director of University of Ibadan Health Service and Director, Infectious Disease
Institute, University College Hospital will collaborate to provide further enlightenment to
members on the COVID-19.
- Members of the University community are advised to give attention to the information that will
be provided on various platforms.
Should anyone observe symptoms of the COVID-19 such as running nose, sore throat, cough and
fever, the person should kindly call the hotlines: 08033272111, 08023400362 or 09099093024